The healthcare industry is one of the largest and fastest-growing industries in the world. New technologies including the adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) have made healthcare more efficient and more accessible, and have significantly improved the quality of patient care, and enabled exciting innovations such as cognitive diagnosis and personalized medicine. But the deluge of costly cyber-attacks, coupled with stringent regulations such as HIPAA and PCI, have made network security a critical concern for the healthcare organizations. To reduce network vulnerabilities, healthcare organizations need to constantly monitor their security network, and ensure that every network policy security change made and every application deployed is in full compliance with industry regulations and security best practices, and risk free.
Business-Driven Security Policy Management for Healthcare Organizations
AlgoSec analyzes your organizations network security policies and provides actionable recommendations to help cleanup the firewall ruleset, reduce risk and remediate any compliance violations. Additionally, AlgoSec automates the entire security policy change process – from definition through to implementation onto the security devices, which helps reduce errors that cause misconfigurations, outages and cyber-attacks. As part of this process, AlgoSec checks all firewall rule changes for risk and compliance violations, and the entire change approval process is automatically documented, enabling you to maintain a strong security posture and ensure continuous compliance across your organization. AlgoSec can also instantly generate pre-populated, audit-ready compliance reports for all the leading industry regulations including PCI-DSS, HIPAA and SOX, as well as customized corporate policies — which helps reduce audit preparation efforts and costs by as much as 80%, and makes life much easier for you and your auditors!
With AlgoSec you can:
- Generate audit reports for all the leading industry regulations, at the click of a button.
- Automate the entire security policy change management process – with zero-touch
- Manage the security policy across the entire enterprise environment through a single pane of glass
- Intelligently design rule changes and validate correct implementation
- Proactively assess the risk of every change before it is implemented
- Automatically identify and remove bloat and clutter from security policies
The Business Impact:
- Get consistent, unified security management across any heterogeneous network environment
- Process network security policy changes in minutes not days
- Reduce vulnerabilities and help prevent cyberattacks
- Avoid security device misconfigurations that cause outages
- Migrate application connectivity to the cloud quickly and easily
- Ensure a clean and optimized security policy
- Facilitate effective communication between security teams and application owners
The Network Security Policy Management Lifecycle
IT security organizations today are judged on how they enable business transformation and innovation. They are tasked with delivering new applications to users and introducing new technologies that will capture new customers, improve productivity and lower costs. They are expected to be agile so they can respond faster than competitors to changing customer and market needs.
Automate the entire security policy change management process with zero touch
Users can set their change management workflow to run automatically from planning through to resolution, unless an exception or pre-defined event occurs – thereby significantly speeding up the security policy change management process while maintaining control and ensuring accuracy throughout the process.
The Firewall Audit Checklist
Six Best Practices for simplifying firewall auditing and compliance, and reducing risk.