Firewalls are the cornerstone of your network security. They ensure that only business-critical services are allowed to flow to and from your network, to minimize the attack surface. But network security is only as good as its policy configuration. Today’s networks are highly complex and dynamic and have accumulated thousands of rules across multi-vendor firewalls, NGFWs and cloud security controls. It therefore comes as no surprise that, according to Gartner, “99 percent of all firewall breaches are caused by misconfiguration not firewall flaws.”
A business-driven approach to mitigating network security risk
AlgoSec allows you to instantly assess, prioritize and mitigate risks in firewall policies, and map them to their respective business applications, to deliver a business-driven view of risk. AlgoSec checks your policy against an extensive database of industry best practices, which can be enhanced and customized with risks specific to your organization. AlgoSec also proactively assesses the risk of every proposed firewall rule change before it is implemented, so that you can ensure that your policy remains secure and compliant all the time.
With AlgoSec you can:
- Instantly view all risks in the network security policy – across multi-vendor firewalls and cloud security groups
- Map risky traffic flows to the applications they serve
- Proactively assess the risk of every change before it is implemented
- Safely tighten overly permissive rules (e.g. ANY/ANY).
- Securely remove firewall rules for decommissioned applications, without breaking access to other applications
The Business Impact:
- Deliver an instant, business-driven view of risk
- Ensure a clean and optimized security policy
- Ensure continuous compliance
- Avoid outages and prevent cyber-attacks
Shift Happens: Eliminating the Risks of Network Security Policy Changes
Bombarded changes needed to provision connectivity for new applications, cyber threats and network re-architectures, security experts are struggling to keep up. This webinar provides best practices to help automate and optimize network security policy changes.
How to Prioritize Risk from the Business Perspective
In this lesson, Prof. Wool discusses how to look at and prioritize network security vulnerabilities from the perspective of the business applications in the data center.