The telecommunications industry is extremely competitive and fast paced. Therefore, telecoms are constantly seeking ways to better serve their customers and maintain a competitive edge through new technology innovations and digital transformation initiatives. At the same time, cyber-attacks are more numerous, sophisticated and damaging than ever before – severely impacting the organization’s reputation and bottom line. As a result, telecoms often fall behind on delivering new innovations into production.
On the other hand, the network and security operations teams are hampered by manual, slow and error-prone security change management processes, and the ever-increasing demands of industry regulations. It often takes several days, or even weeks to process a single change across a complex enterprise environment, which often needs hundreds of such changes each month, thereby directly impacting time-to-market. Moreover, understanding an application’s network connectivity requirements and then successfully migrating this connectivity to the cloud or data center to support these initiatives, is a complex, tedious and error-prone process that can take several months.
Business-Driven Security Policy Management for Telecommunication Organizations
AlgoSec enables telecommunication organizations to align security policy management with their business initiatives and processes, to make them more agile, more secure and more compliant all the time.
AlgoSec provides end-to-end visibility of the network security infrastructure, as well as business applications and their connectivity flows – across cloud, SDN and on-premise enterprise networks. With AlgoSec, you can automate time-consuming security policy changes – with zero touch, proactively assess risk and ensure continuous compliance, quickly provision, change, migrate or decommission network connectivity for business applications to speed up delivery into production, and much more.
With AlgoSec you can:
- Automatically discover and map application connectivity prior to migration
- Migrate application connectivity to the cloud through easy-to-use workflows
- Automatically define, generate changes requests, and apply on-premise network security policies directly onto the cloud security controls
- Manage the entire enterprise environment through a single pane of glass
- Automate security policy management to process changes at the “speed of cloud” – with zero touch
- Assess risk and generate compliance reports for the entire hybrid environment
- Securely decommission redundant connectivity for a tighter security policy
The Business Impact:
- Get consistent, unified security management across any complex heterogeneous network environment
- Deploy applications faster by automating network security change management processes
- Avoid security device misconfigurations that cause outages
- Migrate application connectivity to the cloud quickly and easily
- Ensure a clean and optimized security policy
- Reduce the costs and efforts of firewall auditing and ensure continuous compliance
The Network Security Policy Management Lifecycle
IT security organizations today are judged on how they enable business transformation and innovation. They are tasked with delivering new applications to users and introducing new technologies that will capture new customers, improve productivity and lower costs. They are expected to be agile so they can respond faster than competitors to changing customer and market needs.
Security Policy Management for The Hybrid Cloud Environment
Enterprises are flocking to the cloud because of the agility and ease with which business applications can be deployed there. However, the cloud is based on a software-defined security architecture that is fundamentally different from that of physical networks. As a result, security, network operations and application teams are struggling to identify and migrate the necessary application connectivity flows to cloud security controls, and then manage network security policies cohesively across the entire hybrid enterprise environment. It’s currently a complex, tedious and error-prone process that compromises security, compliance and business agility.
Automate the entire security policy change management process with zero touch
Users can set their change management workflow to run automatically from planning through to resolution, unless an exception or pre-defined event occurs – thereby significantly speeding up the security policy change management process while maintaining control and ensuring accuracy throughout the process.