AlgoSec Security Management Suite
Manual and disjointed processes to manage firewall policies and perform compliance audits, change management and risk analysis are not only labor-intensive and costly, but also error-prone. In today’s increasingly complex network environment, organizations must manage security policies in a new way that enables them to improve operational efficiency, ensure compliance and business continuity, and reduce risk.
The AlgoSec Security Management Suite (ASMS) provides network security and operations teams with visibility and control of network environments through the intelligent automation of firewall policy management. The AlgoSec Security Management Suite combines AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer (AFA), AlgoSec FireFlow and AlgoSec BusinessFlow with AlgoSec's patented Deep Policy Inspection™ technology to automate firewall operations, simplify auditing and compliance, reduce risk and streamline the security change lifecycle across all leading traditional and next-generation firewalls, routers, VPNs, proxies and related security devices.
Click on the diagram to learn more about each AlgoSec Security Management Suite component
ASMS is trusted by more than 1000 organizations in over 50 countries, and features the most comprehensive technology for efficiently and effectively managing complex security policies.
"AlgoSec has allowed us to change the skills profile of the team that we use to do our rule implementation and authorization. This is because the tool does the heavy lifting for us. It allows the engineers to focus more on providing greater levels of security than on process and change.."
– Phil Packman, GM Security Gateway Operations, BT
Watch the video testimonial
- Multi-Vendor Firewall Support – AlgoSec automates firewall policy management across all leading vendors and devices, including Check Point, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, McAfee and Palo Alto Networks. Key policy management capabilities include:
- Optimization and cleanup
- Risk assessment
- Compliance verification
- Change management
- Next-Generation Firewall Support – AlgoSec introduces the industry’s only solution to offer both automated policy analysis and complete change lifecycle management for Palo Alto Networks and Check Point next-generation devices. AlgoSec improves IT productivity by simplifying the management of application and user aware security policies, including risk analysis, compliance reporting and change monitoring.
- Integrated Suite – Only the AlgoSec Security Management Suite enables organizations to efficiently integrate policy analysis and change management, by automatically opening change requests in AlgoSec FireFlow based on AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer recommendations.
- Enterprise Ready– ASMS is field-proven to scale to the needs of the world’s most demanding enterprises, and supports geographically distributed architecture, and requirements such as high-availability, disaster recovery and load-sharing.
- Role-based Access Control – ASMS enables efficient maintenance of user rights and permissions, through role-based access control (RBAC) and optional interfacing with ActiveDirectory / LDAP to support the central enterprise roles directory.
- Integration with Existing Infrastructure - AlgoSec Security Management Suite seamlessly integrates with the corporate Single-Sign-On (SSO) infrastructure as well as with leading change management systems such as BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager and CA Service Desk Manager.
- Multi-Domain Support – AlgoSec Security Management Suite enables large organizations and MSSPs to easily manage multiple domains through a single view and apply strict enforcement of access rights according to user permissions.
|FireWall-1®, Provider-1®, SmartCenter||v3.0 and up, NG, NGX, Software Blade Architecture (R7x) – including Application and Identity Awareness Software Blades|
|Security Gateway VE||All versions|
|PIX, ASA Series||v4.4 and up|
|Firewall Services Module (FWSM)||v1.0 and up|
|IOS Routers & Switches||All versions|
|Cisco Layer-3 Switches||Nexus Routers - All versions|
|Cisco Security Manager||v4.3|
|NetScreen Series||v5.0 and up|
|Network and Security Manager (NSM)||v2008.1 and up|
|SRX Series||All versions|
|Fortigate||FortOS 3.x and up, including VDOM|
Palo Alto Networks
|PAN-OS||V4.X and up|
|Firewall Enterprise (formerly Sidewinder)||v7.X and up|
|Proxy SG||V5.X and up|
Supported Change Management Systems*
|Service Desk Manager|
* Additional change management systems can be supported by AlgoSec professional services.
Supported Devices for Change Monitoring*
|Secure Access SSL VPN|
* Additional devices can be added via the AlgoSec Extension Framework.
The AlgoSec Security Management Suite can be delivered as software only, or preloaded on a virtual or physical appliance.
Physical appliances can be deployed in high-availability mode and support load-sharing for increased scalability.
(2GB and additional 50MB per report)
|Operating System||Red Hat Enterprise |
CentOS 4 - 5
|Browser||Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher|
Firefox 3.0 or higher
|VMware virtual appliance can run on a hosting Windows server with 1GB of RAM (2GB RAM or more is recommended).|
AlgoSec 1020 – low cost entry level, best for up to 150 firewalls
*The number of firewalls supported by each appliance may vary according to policy complexity and the amount of logs collected.