On-premise or in the cloud, today’s business applications rely on a complex set of connectivity flows that often span multiple servers and networks. Network security operations teams must understand and map these flows in order to quickly and securely provision or change network connectivity. But this is no easy task. It’s difficult to discover and map application flows across complex enterprise environments. There’s usually little to no up-to-date documentation and it can take months to gather this information. To add to the problem, it’s not always easy to understand and translate business requirements for connectivity into networking terms that can be securely implemented. Ultimately, this means that provisioning application connectivity can take weeks. With frequent change requests piling up, the lack of visibility into connectivity requirements causes outages and introduces unnecessary risk.
Discover, provision, change and securely decommission application connectivity
With AlgoSec you can discover, provision, change and securely decommission connectivity for business applications. AlgoSec automatically discovers and maps application connectivity requirements to the underlying network infrastructure, and then translates vague requests for connectivity changes into networking terms that security and operations teams can understand, approve and implement. Through its understanding of application flows, AlgoSec helps avoid network related outages, even throughout complex data center migration or consolidation projects, and enforces security and compliance across the enterprise.
With AlgoSec you can:
- Auto-discover applications and their connectivity flows – without requiring any prior knowledge
- Get a live map of connectivity requirements that’s always up to date
- Translate non-technical business requirements into networking terms
- Easily assess the impact of changes on application connectivity, security and compliance
- Migrate connectivity to a new data center or to the cloud through easy-to-use workflows
- Identify and remove access rules for decommissioned applications
The Business Impact:
- Accelerate application delivery
- Reduce the cost of manual application connectivity mapping efforts
- Avoid application outages due to network device misconfigurations
- Simplify application and server migrations
- Enforce security and compliance across the data center
- Align application, security and network teams
The Case and Criteria for Application-Centric Security Policy Management
This paper examines an application-centric approach to security policy management and how it can bridge the divide between network, security, and applications personnel, maximize application availability, reduce risk, and unlock greater degrees of business agility.
Tips to Discover Business Application Connectivity Requirements
In this lesson, Prof. Wool examines how to leverage firewall rules for discovering the connectivity requirements of data center applications
Why Security Policy Management Must be Application-Centric
This webinar examines the impact of taking an application-centric approach to security policy management, and provides tips for improving the visibility, management and security related to complex business application connectivity needs