Business applications rely on complex connectivity flows that span multi-cloud and hybrid networks. In order to quickly and securely provision or change network connectivity, network security operations teams need to understand and map these flows. They also need to be able to identify obsolete traffic flows that may act as a back door to unwanted or malicious traffic.
This is no easy task. It’s difficult to discover and map application flows across complex enterprise environments. There’s usually little to no up-to-date documentation. It can take months to gather this information. Additionally, it’s not always easy to understand and translate business requirements for connectivity into networking terms that can be securely implemented. Consequently, provisioning application connectivity can take weeks. With frequent change requests piling up, the lack of visibility into connectivity requirements causes outages and introduces unnecessary risk.
Discover applications, provision network traffic, and change and securely decommission application connectivity
With AlgoSec you can discover, provision, change and securely decommission connectivity for business applications. AlgoSec automatically discovers and maps application connectivity requirements to the network infrastructure, and then translates requests for connectivity changes into networking terms that security and operations teams can understand, approve, and implement.
By understanding application flows, AlgoSec helps avoid network-related outages throughout data center migration or consolidation projects, and enforces security and compliance across the enterprise.
With AlgoSec you can:
- Auto-discover applications and their connectivity flows – without requiring any prior knowledge
- Get a live and always up-to-date map of connectivity requirements
- Translate non-technical business requirements into networking terms
- Easily assess the impact of changes on application connectivity, security, and compliance
- Migrate connectivity to a new data center or the cloud through easy-to-use workflows
- Identify and remove access rules for decommissioned applications
The Business Impact:
- Accelerate application delivery
- Reduce the cost of manual application connectivity mapping efforts
- Avoid application outages due to network device misconfigurations
- Optimize traffic flows and improve firewall performance
- Simplify application and server migrations
- Enforce security and compliance across the data center
- Align application, security and network teams
The Case and Criteria for Application-Centric Security Policy Management
This paper examines an application-centric approach to security policy management and how it can bridge the divide between network, security, and applications personnel, maximize application availability, reduce risk, and unlock greater degrees of business agility.
Tips to Discover Business Application Connectivity Requirements
In this lesson, Prof. Wool examines how to leverage firewall rules for discovering the connectivity requirements of data center applications
Why Security Policy Management Must be Application-Centric
This webinar examines the impact of taking an application-centric approach to security policy management, and provides tips for improving the visibility, management and security related to complex business application connectivity needs