Migrating applications to the cloud or another data center– without creating security holes or causing application outages is far easier said than done.
Understanding and mapping existing application connectivity flows for complex enterprise applications pre-migration – which is critical in order to re-establish the correct traffic flows post-migration – is extremely difficult. There’s usually little to no up-to-date documentation and it can take months to gather the necessary information, understand the requirements and then painstakingly adjust and migrate every firewall rule, router ACL and cloud security group to the new environment. A single mistake can cause outages, compliance violations and create holes in your security perimeter. All in all, migrating applications is a complex, tedious and error-prone process that takes months and often compromises security, compliance and business agility.
Simplify and accelerate large-scale complex data center and application migration projects
Through its application-centric approach to security policy management, AlgoSec simplifies and accelerates complex migration projects involving multiple applications and servers. AlgoSec automatically discovers and maps your applications and their connectivity flows to the underlying network infrastructure. Through easy to use workflows, AlgoSec then migrates the relevant connectivity flows en-masse to the new location or cloud platform – all while ensuring the integrity of the security policy and network access, and compliance.
Once application connectivity has been securely migrated, AlgoSec uniquely identifies any leftover firewall rules that can be deleted, as well as rules that cannot be removed because they’re still being used by other applications — helping you prevent gaps in your security perimeter.
To complete the process, AlgoSec provides unified security policy management for the entire enterprise environment – in the cloud and across SDN and on-premise networks.
With AlgoSec you can:
- Automatically discover and map existing application connectivity to understand what needs to be migrated
- Automatically generate and execute the necessary security policy changes through easy to use workflows
- Assess risk and ensure compliance throughout the migration process
- Automatically identify and decommission redundant connectivity
- Accurately plan execute and track all stages of the migration project through an intelligent project management framework
- Unify security policy management across the enterprise environment
The Business Impact:
- Save planning time and money by automatically identifying all applications and their connectivity flows
- Drastically simplify the application connectivity migration process, and reduce costs
- Minimize business disruption and avoid application outages during migration
- Gain in-depth visibility of the entire migration process
- Reduce risk and ensure continuous compliance across the entire enterprise environment
- Unify security policy management across the entire enterprise environment
Tips to Simplify Migrations to a Virtual Data Center
In this lesson, Prof. Wool examines the challenges of migrating business applications and physical data centers to a private cloud and offers tips to conduct these migrations without the risk of outages
Sanofi Case Study
Sanofi finds the cure for time-consuming application migration with AlgoSec
How to Avoid Business Outages from Misconfigured Network Devices
This technical webinar provides best practices and techniques to help you understand and avoid security device misconfigurations in a number of typical scenarios including a basic device change, business application connectivity changes, and data center migrations.