The reason I chose AlgoSec is because we saw the benefits of what it would give us for the business. The time it has taken to make a change has dropped significantly"...
Leading plumbing and HVAC company empowers business and IT teams with ChatOps, reduce troubleshooting time, so they can focus on building their business.
The Reece Group is a leading distributor of plumbing, waterworks and HVAC-R products to commercial and residential customers through 800 branches in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Established in 1920, this includes 10 specialized business units servicing the plumbing, bathroom, building, civil, irrigation, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration industries.
Some of the Reece Group’s challenges included:
- Commissioning and decommissioning – As firewall upgrades and migrations were frequently handled by third-party suppliers, there was a lack of business alignment and visibility into their entire multi-vendor hybrid network.
- Clarity and understanding of security rules – They had difficulty understanding what rules were in place across their entire network and understanding and what services the rules applied to.
The Reece Group searched for a solution that provided:
- Baseline compliance – To ensure that their rules did not introduce unnecessary risk or compliance violations.
- Visibility into risk – So they could understand what their rules did in order to not cause an outage.
They implemented AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer and AlgoSec FireFlow. They also use AlgoBot, AlgoSec’s ChatOps solutions.
AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer provides visibility and analyzes complex network security policies across on-premise, cloud, and hybrid networks. It automates and simplifies security operations including troubleshooting, auditing, and risk analysis. Using Firewall Analyzer, the client can optimize the configuration of firewalls, and network infrastructure to ensure security and compliance.
AlgoSec FireFlow enables security staff to automate the entire security policy change process from design and submission to proactive risk analysis, implementation, validation, and auditing. Its intelligent, automated workflows save time and improve security by eliminating manual errors and reducing risk.
AlgoBot is an intelligent chatbot that handles network security policy management tasks for you. AlgoBot answers your questions, submitted in plain English, and personally assists with security policy change management processes – without requiring manual inputs or additional research.
Reece Group choose AlgoSec because it aligned with their business needs. Some of benefits they got by using AlgoSec include:
- Empowering application developers – Developers are able to proactively check within Slack if the reason an application isn’t working is because of the firewall is blocking traffic or if the application is misconfigured.
- Faster request and response time – Application developers are quickly able to identify if a network change request is needed. They spend less time on troubleshooting and can proactively make valid change requests. IT also ceased becoming a bottleneck for application developers and were able to complete firewall changes in less than two hours from the initial change request.
- Reduced firewall ruleset by 85% –Rules declined from 3,000 rules to 450 rules.
- More time to work on business-critical projects – Firewall administrators are able to save time with easy-to-understand dashboards and automation, freeing up time to work on other business-critical projects.
- Clear understanding of risks and compliance – Easy out-of-the box dashboards and flags for risk and compliance issues make it easy for the company to understand and identify risks and compliance violations